On 2020-03-29 20:07, Jwtiyar ali wrote:
On 2020-03-29 19:16, Colin Watson wrote:
There's a string in GTK whose msgid is "default:LTR", and you're
supposed to set its msgstr to either "default:LTR" if your language
is left-to-right or "default:RTL" if your language is right-to-left.
Check that that string is translated correctly for ckb.

thank you colin for great explanation, yes we already added
default:RTL to this string,
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/focal/+source/gtk+3.0/+pots/gtk-3.0/ckb/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=default%3ARTL

Since it's not included yet in the ckb language packs, I manually created /usr/share/locale-langpack/ckb/LC_MESSAGES/gtk30.mo and can confirm that it will make a difference.

Beyond that, I'm not really an expert on things at this level; I
wouldn't be surprised to find other similar bits and pieces that
need to be adjusted for RTL languages.

Yeah.. While the "default:LTR" string in gtk-3.0 helps a lot, it doesn't make the actual desktop be flipped, i.e. the dock is still to the left by default etc. (unlike when you switch to e.g. Arabic). So apparently there are room for more similar adjustments. But I think this was a huge step in the right direction.

Thanks Colin!

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj