On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 00:14 +0000, Toby Smithe wrote:
> This last step is supposed to get even easier with Feisty, with
> easy-codec-installation and suchlike coming in.

Indeed. I double clicked a video on a blank feisty install (with all
updates) and it duly went off, found the necessary codecs and in a few
seconds I was watching the video. No faff, no mess. The video was in
some wierd format that I had never seen before, which really helped
inspire my confidence that this might actually work :)

It now also plays mp3s with zero effort on my part.

Cheers,
Al.