On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 14:15 +0100, Josh Blacker wrote:

> I explained that the necessary codecs for mp3s and so on are easy to
> install if of dubious legality (I guess they aren't pre-loaded on the
> Dells, or are they?), but I must admit I have no idea about managing
> an iPod from Ubuntu. I have most of the songs I want on mine anyway,
> and still dual-boot so can use iTunes when need be.

My Wife's iPod shuffle works fine under Ubuntu using Rhythmbox, so I
guess other iPods will too.

The thing you may have problems with is music purchased from the iTunes
store.  It's all locked up with DRM so you'll have to burn it to an
audio CD then rip it back to mp3 or ogg using either iTunes or something
like Sound Juicer under Ubuntu.

  -Gav