-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Josh Blacker
Sent: 13 August 2007 19:01
To: British Ubuntu Talk
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] iPod management

Hi,
I've had a play with Rhythmbox and a little bit of Banshee. In neither
of these can I seem to be able to create playlists on my nano,
although editing existing ones worked on Rhythmbox (and they didn't
show up at all on Banshee). Gtkpod couldn't find my nano because it
wasn't where it was expecting, and looks all a bit rather more
technical than I am looking for.

On 8/13/07, alan c <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 [snippety snip]

> Amarok (again kde libraires but no problem) is very sophisticated and
> is certainly worth considering
>
> Alternatives to itunes will I suspect be effective in their various
> ways but the trick if any might be to be able to use the apple itunes
>   databases, and when I last looked into it, it seemed that it might
> be possible to convert maybe one way but not back again, but I  am not
> sure.
>
> good luck
> --
> alan cocks
> Kubuntu user#10391

I will have a look at Amarok with regards to this, and then probably
post up my experiences on here if that sounds like a good idea? Lots
of people, especially students, have iPods and I think this is an
important area to look at, certainly for my friend (who was first
wowed by Beryl).

--
Josh Blacker
http://jerichokb.wordpress.com/