Javad,

Javad Ayaz wrote:
> i thought those laws didnt apply if the broadcast was cast as "streaming"?

If you are watching a program via the internet that is being broadcast
over the airwaves at the same time, then you need a separate TV license
to do that.

An exception is that if you are watching on a portable device (which is
defined not being plugged into the mains power supply), then your main
home TV license will cover this.

Regards,
Tony.

> On 12/05/2008, *Alan Pope* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 10:04 +0100, Javad Ayaz wrote:
>     > im only trying to help! lol
>     >
>     > this will be beneficial to my brother who is at uni and has no tv!!!
>     >
>     >

>     I am not a lawyer, but from my interpretation of the TV license laws,
>     he'd need a TV license to use Zattoo at Uni - in the same way he'd need
>     one if he had a telly.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Al.
>
>     --
>     ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com>

Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004
University of Manchester,           Mob: +44 (0) 773 330 0039
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]