On 13 Apr 2009, at 15:04, Philip Wyett <philwy...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 11:24 +0100, Harry Rickards wrote:
>>> Indeed the file does play under VLC.
>>>
>>> http://twitpic.com/399a3/full
>>>
>>> I suspect some bastardisation along the way here with the format.
>>> The
>>> "DIRECTX_DURATION=0x7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" element would point towards
>>> this
>>> coming from a Windows tool that isn't keeping to the file format(s)
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> This so called ogg really needs pulling and fixing.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Phil
>>>

>> Try the ogg at http://fwot.info/free.ogv
>>
>> Thanks
>> Harry
>>

> Thanks Harry. Maybe you should offer it up to the foundation to
> replace
> the one already there. As of my last post I viewed and also converted
> all the winning entries and as most did enjoy the winners a lot. :-)
Yeah, I left a comment on the video, although I doubt anyone at the
Linux Foundation will read it.

> But lets do the old brass tacks here. The Linux Foundation with poor
> organisation and execution is not covering itself or the community it
> purports to represent with any glory here; and failing to promote open
> standards and formats in the first instance as I think they should be.
>
> Hopefully the same mistakes will not happen in future.

Exactly. Even the BBC can release properly in OGG (with R&DTV), yet
the Linux Foundation, which probaby sounds like a company that made
Linux to new users, cannot.

Thanks
Harry