Harry,

Harry Rickards wrote:
> On 05/26/09 11:23, mac wrote:
>> James Milligan wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> I hope someone can think of 'solutions' for this - I know that he'd go
>>> for Ubuntu if he could, it's just that there isn't as much profit in
>>> it. Thanks for any help!
>> What are the name/address/phone/website for the shop?  Those of us who
>> live within visiting range could start turning up and asking about
>> pre-installed Ubuntu.  ;-)
>
>> mac
>
> Would registering interest via email, for those of us with domains we
> could fake a few *interests* from fake emails, help at all? I don't
> think it's technically illegal, as we own the domain.

This sounds quite unethical and quite risky. Here's the scenario:

Business receives a number of 'fake' e-mails
Business thinks there is more interest than there really is.
Business makes some investments based on this false level of interest.
Expected income is not forthcoming.
Business in trouble, James (and others) lose their jobs.

Just my thought on the subject!

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004