javadayaz wrote:
> well i was hoping to have the wireless router installed upstairs with
> the revo installed in a the living room getting its data from the pc
> upstairs through a router!
Virgin should be able to do that, it's just a case of running a cable
from the main box on the front of the house to upstairs (I'm assuming
it's Virgin Cable broadband rather than Virgin Broadband over at BT
Phoneline?).

In the days of NTL, they did this for me, I had a phone connection in
the front room and a cable connection to the upstairs back bedroom.
They ran the cable round the side of the house (it was a
semi-detached).  I'm not entirely sure how they would do it on say, a
terraced house, they might possibly run a cable inside the house.

If all else fails and they can't put the router upstairs for any reason,
all you'd need is a wireless card for the PC and then the PC would
connect to the Revo via the router (I'm guessing, it might even connect
directly to the Revo).

I would have thought if you could get a reasonably quick signal you
should be able to stream SD and HD video as long as the bit rate isn't
too high.  IIRC Bluray video is about 40MBit/sec, so I'd have thought
that Makrosa video files (h264 video) would be less than this, maybe
nearer to 10MBit/sec.

If all else fails, you can always go down the Homeplug route, or other
half dependent, put in some CAT5/CAT6 cabling.

Rob