Hi,

> "Python for Nonprogrammers" session. Bit of a bring a laptop and have a
> go type thing.

Brilliant idea! I had lots of trouble trying to start programming and
still struggle now. Most of the courses I have attended or guides I
have read have been very much aimed at Computer Scientists with
language and structure that they are familiar with. Coming from a
non-CS background this was all gobbldy-gook until I "had a go".

I suggest that you come up with a simple task to complete though. Even
something like "count the works in a sentence" or "count the numbers
of "the" in a paragraph" this teaches some very basic stuff that is
assumed knowledge in other tutorials.

Good luck,

Ciarán