On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 08:55 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 7 April 2010 01:28, John Matthews <jake...@sky.com> wrote:
> > I just got myself an iPhone today, and was wondering, is there software
> > fort it on Ubuntu? If so can somebody point me in the right direction?
> > Hopefully for a novice to install.
> >

> The nice little bot in our irc channel says:-
>
> 08:53:08 < popey> !iphone
> 08:53:09 < ubot4> For information on how to sync and add tracks to
> your iPod, see the guide at
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IPodHowto - For the iPhone and the
> iPod Touch, see
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PortableDevices/iPhone - See
> !RockBox for information on liberating your iPod
>
> As I understand it on Ubuntu 10.04 you will be able to sync music to
> your iPhone using the default music player Rhythmbox.
>
> However there's other features of iTunes on Windows/OSX for which
> there is no replacement on Ubuntu at the moment.
>
> Cheers.
> Al.

iPod® and iPod Touch® devices are now partially supported by gvfs thanks
to the libimobiledevice library. Music synchronisation, data access and
downloading photos should be fully supported. For a full list of feature
support, libmobiledevice homepage.

http://www.libimobiledevice.org/

The excerpt above is from the official gnome 2.30 release found here
http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.30/ the link is the one
from the excerpt in case it didn't transfer across.  The info as I
understand it is mostly correct as to what is happening in Ubuntu as
well as gnome.  Hope that helps.
--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk