On 02/05/10 08:59, John Matthews wrote:
> Hi sorry its taken me so long to get back to you, I did what you said
>
> sudo update-grub

The script that "update-grub" calls - grub-mkconfig - looks for kernels
and so forth and automatically generates the config file for grub.

It *should* find any kernels in /boot so perhaps when you ran it the
relevant partition wasn't mounted?

You can also manually edit your /boot/grub/grub.cfg file and try adding
a new boot option pointing the "linux /vmlinux-XXX ..." line to the
necessary drive designation (i.e. /dev/sda2 - where the "/" root
partition of Lucid is) rather than UUID strings and try that.

At least it might give you a way of playing and testing things.

HTH

Al

--
The Open Learning Centre