On 04/08/10 12:26, Rowan Berkeley wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 11:53:17 +0100, Tony Travis<a.tra...@abdn.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>> Now you're running 10.04, you can use the disk utility to check the
>> health of your disks, System/Administration/Disk Utility. Have a look
>> at the SMART data for your internal disk. Bye, Tony.
>
> I looked at the SMART data, and the only warning entry was that
> overheating "has occurred in the past," which they say is a sign of
> "old-age." The computer is only just over a year old, i.e., just out of
> guarantee. So not much to be done about that, but thanks. Rowan.

Luckily hard drives aren't too expensive.  Chances are since it's only
about a year old it'll have a SATA hard drive in there.  You can get
2.5" SATA hard drives reasonably cheap, I got a 320GB one for about £40
a couple of months ago, I believe they're a bit cheaper now depending
what size you want.

Rob