On 18/10/10 16:36, John Stevenson wrote:

> I hope Chris is just being polite when he says a wee bit smaller.  To
> me the podcast logo completely dominates the whole page and I find it
> hard to look anywhere else.  The logo is even more intense on a netbook.
OK, so it sucks. It was an idea, clearly it doesn't work that well. How
can we make it suck less?

> The Ubuntu-UK logo would be fine on the right hand side if there was
> nothing on the left, as with the Ubuntu.com site.
Probably.

> I am afraid the podcast logo hypertext link even encroaches on the
> text around the logo - so clicking on the text "What is Ubuntu-UK" or
> "Who is this group four ?"  takes you to the podcast  page.
yeah, it is a transparent PNG with a div below it to push the text
somewhat out of the way, but without looking too boxy and square. It
doesn't work that well does it.

> I am interested to see want content is exposed on the site, I assuming
> that the content on there is currently a strawman for ideas as its
> basically the same as the http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam site.
oh yes, the current content is just pasted in to allow design work on
the theme, things like discussing in #ubuntu-accessibility to make sure
that the text contrast is acceptable for low vision users etc. (it
wasn't, I fixed it)

> Do we all share the same idea of what our main audience is for the
> site?  Is this for people who are already part of Ubuntu UK or is it
> also for the general public?  It suggests on etherpad that this site
> is mainly a resource for the team by my reading.
the etherpad is for writing as well as reading! If you have ideas on who
the audience is then slap them down. I kind of see it as useful to the
general public as well as for the team.

Alan.

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com

Mob: +44 (0)7738 789190
Tel: +44 (0)844 3576000

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55