On 18/10/10 16:51, Tony Scott wrote:
> Alan
>
> Yes you're right -  there are in fact Ubuntu/Canonical web design guidelines
> in
> the pdf linked from here
>
> http://design.canonical.com/the-toolkit/guides-for-websites/
>
> I would use the page header top level nav detailed in the pdf - so it's
> similar
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/
>
> http://design.canonical.com/
>
> You can then put links to section such as blog, about, etc on the left hand
> side
> in the top level nav as in the above sites.
>
> If you're going to have a standard right hand column throughout the site I
> would
> put the podcast logo/link in there, as I think the podcast logo is too
> dominant
> on the beta.
>
> I could do some work on this, but I'm currently busy on other stuff.
>
> Cheers
>
>   --
> Tony Scott
> http://tonyscott.org.uk | http://twitter.com/tonys | http://uk.wordcamp.org

there are lots of design guidelines in the design team toolkit, some of
them contradicting each other. I have read them all, plus some draft
ones they asked me to review. Personally I like the Captain Jack Sparrow
approach to the design toolkit. More of a guideline than an actual law
as such. Arrrrrrr

Alan.