On 29 March 2011 10:07, Byte Soup <bytes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Heres an interesting update to this. I was testing on a machine at home
> before I configure ddclient at my the location I want it to run. I wondered
> about if it would renew the IP address mapping when a new WAN ip was
> configured;

I don't worry about such things and note that it just works for me.

> What settings do you folks use in your /etc/ddclient.conf files? Do you run
> the client as a daemon?

At home I actually have a router which supports dyndns directly, so I
don't have ddclient running. At my mums she doesn't have a router that
supports dyndns (well, she might but I setup ddclient assuming she
didn't), but her PC is off right now so I can't see the config.

I am pretty sure I just took the default settings and chucked in the
host, user and password.

Cheers,
Al.