One thing I spotted today was that there's a telepathy plugin for Remmina -
the Remote Desktop Application, and from the looks of things, if you've both
got it installed, you can right click on a contact in empathy and select
"Share My Desktop" - although, to be fair, that might have been there before
I installed that plugin!

All the best,
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs