On 14 April 2011 15:28, Dave Hanson <d.han...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hiya Everyone,
>
> I was wondering if might ask an off topic question please as I assume that
> there are many people on this list who may do something similar?
>
> I'm planning on doing some data recovery work from home when I finish my
> degree (Computer Forensics Bsc), My plan is to promote myself through my
> Wordpress powered blog (shameless plug: hansonforensics.co.uk). - It is on
> an Ubuntu Server! ;)
>
> I need some sort of ecommerce plugin for Wordpress which will allow
> clients, and myself to upload large files (HDD Images, so I'm talking GB's)
> and take payment from them for recovering their files and things - Obviosly
> not every job would involve huge amounts of data, but some may.
>
> The main problem is that I would prefer to take either the expected amount
> in full and reserve it until the job is completed, with the option of
> returning it to the client or take a small diagnostic fee in advance and log
> what fee came from who/what job number.
>
> Could anyone reccomend a plugin or perhaps share how they conduct such
> transactions?
>
> Thanks - And as I say, Apologies in advance for being off topic.

I'd also concur that it's not a good idea. Among other things you can't
guarantee the veracity of the file that you receive - that's why you have
MD5 hashes and suchlike.

At a pinch you could offer a secure FTP/SFTP server but you'd still need to
be able to prove that what arrived at the server was the same as what left
the client, which would seem to be a fundamental component of a computer
forensics service.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood