> Hiya Everyone,
>
> I was wondering if might ask an off topic question please as I assume that
> there are many people on this list who may do something similar?
>
> I'm planning on doing some data recovery work from home when I finish my
> degree (Computer Forensics Bsc), My plan is to promote myself through my
> Wordpress powered blog (shameless plug: hansonforensics.co.uk). - It is on
> an Ubuntu Server! ;)
>
> I need some sort of ecommerce plugin for Wordpress which will allow
> clients, and myself to upload large files (HDD Images, so I'm talking GB's)
> and take payment from them for recovering their files and things - Obviosly
> not every job would involve huge amounts of data, but some may.
>
> The main problem is that I would prefer to take either the expected amount
> in full and reserve it until the job is completed, with the option of
> returning it to the client or take a small diagnostic fee in advance and log
> what fee came from who/what job number.
>
> Could anyone reccomend a plugin or perhaps share how they conduct such
> transactions?
>
> Thanks - And as I say, Apologies in advance for being off topic.
>
> Dave

I agree with the others, but if you really need to upload hard disk images
to a web server, you'll probably want to impliment an SSL secured connection
to protect your client's data. You might also want to investigate some
client-side code to handle the file upload (show a progress bar/split the
file into manageable 'chunks').

Thanks,

Chris