On 25/04/12 17:08, alan c wrote:
A lot of careful work, certainly. But I would not want to point my novices to it, for them it is a page of detail stuff which I think would frighten them. And why does linux need a instructions? What about a similar page for Windows 7, for comparison?

Alan - I'm not entirely sure I agree. The language and examples are very simply put. I'm expecting to upgrade my sister from 10.04 to 12.04 fairly soon. I'll ask her to look at it. I'll also ask her stepdaughter to take a look. She is almost entirely Windows (although she has recently started work at SpecSavers).

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/