On 25/04/12 22:13, alan c wrote:
Hi Barry. I am dealing with 60 plus ages and they are all technophobes using Ubuntu without reading any instructions at all. Some are adults with learning difficulty. The thought of even -me- needing to look at such an information diagram is an unpleasant thought for me.

I think it's a case of 'horses for courses'. I played around with an iPod for a couple of weeks back in March. I was horrified by the lack of instructions. My daughter picked it up and almost instantly had it doing what she wanted by trial and error. My four-year old granddaughter soon found her way around it well enough to play the games my daughter loaded onto it for her age-group. It's teaching her to read remarkably quickly and it's fun ....

Someone just upgraded from 10.04 and after answering a couple of questions, I pointed him to the poster. He found it very helpful. I think older folk are more likely to need instructions; young folk are used to intuiting their way around a smartphone or similar and getting results by trial and error. And it's great when you can have someone looking over your shoulder and giving helpful hints. That isn't always possible, so I really would like to see that poster linked from the Ubuntu site.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/