On 30/04/12 15:03, scoundrel50a wrote:
I been following this because I posted on here a couple of days ago,
about me having screwed my installation.......well I managed to find
somebody willing to help, and got talked through the actual
installation, and instead of installing over, just installing the
package and keeping my home directory there, and if I hadnt had that
person, I wouldnt have known how to set the / and /dev/sda2 and telling
the installation to to reformat......as it is, I did it, but the person
ended up having to log into my computer to fix the home directory and
other things, as I would never have had a clue where to look or what to
do, as it is, I now have the old home directory there, but as a separate
directory, which is enough for me, but how he did that, i have no
idea.......problem is, I can not now get wireless, its gone, for some
reason, I can only use the ethernet cable to connect, which he is now
looking at........

Just thought I would post to let you know how I got on reinstalling........

Thanks for the feedback. Good that you found someone to help. Hope the wireless gets sorted ok, if not do come back and say?
--
alan cocks