On 10/05/12 16:10, mac wrote:
<snip>
[NFS] shares on the 12.04 machine don't mount at start up.  And
when I do 'sudo mount -a' I get, for each of the shares,
mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking...
Of course, when I do 'sudo start statd' I get
start: Job is already running: statd
Has anyone solved this issue?  How do I get rpc.statd to start on boot?

I take it that, as no one has replied to my post, this is not a problem for many. Is that because I'm eccentric in using NFS? Do folk mostly prefer Samba for network shares?

Perhaps I should give up and use Samba instead. Unless anyone has any ideas about 12.04's NFS problem.

mac