On 07/02/13 10:03, Gareth France wrote:
On 07/02/13 10:01, Colin Law wrote:
On 7 February 2013 09:52, Gareth France <gareth.fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 06/02/13 23:41, Philip Stubbs wrote:

On 6 February 2013 23:05, Gareth France <gareth.fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
To the best of my knowledge I wasn't using Adobe Air at the time. And as
for Flash, of course I don't choose how others design their sites.

But you can choose what software to run on your computer. Have you tried a
flash blocker? Or a different browser? Or a different version of the flash
plugin? If you open the same tabs in Chrome, does it behave differently? I
seem to remember that Chrome comes with its own flash plugin, so may well be
worth a try. It could be that the new machine hits a bug in the flash plugin
that the old machine did not.

--
Philip Stubbs

Yes, I can choose not to use flash in much the same way as I can choose to
drive my car without wheels! It's an unfortunate fact of life that some of
the websites I use require it. I can try chrome and see how it goes.
Your first priority is to identify what is causing the problem.  If
you install flashblock then you have the ability to choose when you
use flash.  Initially do not use it at all and see if that cures the
speed issues.  Having identified that flash is the problem (if you do)
then you can decide on the best course of action.

Colin

Sounds like a plan. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

I routinely use noscript in firefox. It gives a lot of control, and you can disable it when you wish

--
alan cocks