On 8 May 2013 16:27, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com> wrote:
> On 08/05/13 15:38, Liam Proven wrote:
>>
>> Is this on your live work machine? If so, that was, er, brave of you.
>> Sounds like it could be a theme problem. Try resetting the theme in
>> Appearance.
>

> Work machine yes - but as always, I have the testing version dual booting
> with the current stable and keep working files in sync on both releases.
> Currently I'm on the same machine running 13.04.

Ahh, fair enough. :¬)

> I'm not sure how I can reset the them from the commandline - that's all I
> have currently as the GUI system is totally borked.

OIC. Good point.

Possible idea: create a new account from the CLI, log in to it -
default settings might work where the existing ones don't - and see if
the theme can be reset from there?

Or, if it's a sacrificial account, experimentally nuke the GNOME
settings in the home directory? (Temporarily move 'em elsewhere to see
if they are causing the problem.)

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884