On 29 August 2015 at 10:40, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com> wrote:
> Hi there ....  The dash on my 15.10 desktop 64 bit installation won't show
> any applications.

I don't understand what you mean here.

Do you mean the launcher on the left is gone, or it is there but
empty, or it's there and you can open the dash (with the windows key)
but no apps appear?

>  This happened immediately after I'd tried to 'de-google'
> the system as far as I was able.

I don't even know what that means.

> I've run out of ideas, short of a re-install if all else fails.  I don't
> even know what I'm looking for as the dash seems to be very much a part of
> unity.

If it's the problem I think it is (that you've got no launcher) then
I'd open a terminal with CTRL+ALT+T and then run ccsm (install it if
it's not installed) and ensure the unity plugin is enabled. I have
seen it become disabled sometimes. When that happens you get no
launcher.

Cheers,
Al.