On 30/08/15 17:46, Colin Law wrote:

That's what is confusing me too.  I don't see how there can be any
accounts unless they have been added by the user.  I see none with
Wily.

I've been trying to take a screenshot, but the window I want to capture has to be in focus, and without the dash, I haven't figured out how to do it.

There is a Google account in the left hand pane - so I must have set it up; possible to get evolution to work so I could import my google contacts. They don't come in a form which the Thunderbird address-book can use, and the recommended method seems to be to install evolution. This must have been where the problem began - although I had assumed it was a Wily default. My bad!. It still represents a problem though, so I'll add this information to the bug. Thanks for all your trouble here.

Regards,                Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/