On 30/08/15 15:14, Colin Law wrote:

You say in the bug [1] that you removed interaction with all Google
accounts (settings->online accounts) but I don't understand exactly
what you mean by that.

In the Online Account settings, it lists access by Ubuntu to the following Google online accounts by these apps: Evolution Data Server (if Evolution is installed) for Contacts, for Calendar and for Gmail. I removed all three
Shotwell
Photo Search Plugin
Google Drive Search plugin

The last three are installed and activated by default. I'm finding Google very intrusive in the way it is using my personal data to sell to advertisers, and to give me heavily targeted advertising. I though I could get away with it in Ubuntu - at the moment, in 15.10, the answer seems to be 'no way'. I do, however want to access Google Contacts, via the slightly buggy but useable google-contacts app installed by default (I think) in Wily - but that's all. I'd like to have Thunderbird sync with these contacts, but I have to do that manually at the moment.

I think I'd better explain this in the bug report.

Regards,                Barry.
--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/