On 27/04/18 09:39, michael wrote:

On 27/04/18 05:56, michael wrote:
On 27/04/18 05:33, michael wrote:
Try as I may, I can not get flash to work properly. (16.04) Chromium, cant load it, nothing happens after unpack attempt, Firefox, asks each time if I want to use it before activating. Streaming is jerky on Firefox, but good on Chromium. Any suggestions please ?

18.04, how do I get it, no update message seen, only thing I have seen is a report on a bug that stops 18.04 loading on to a normal DVD. Is 18.04 available yet, if so, how does one get it please ?

18.04 is now avalable to download. Get it here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/releases/18.04/release/

Traditional wisdom is it's better to wait 3 months until 18.04.1 is out before doing an upgrade as opposed to a fresh install.

Do backups, download 18.04 and make bootable media and then if the upgrade doesn't work for your install you are in a position to rebuild

My machine is a 32bit homebuild.

Be aware that the above download for Ubuntu 18.04 is 64 bit only, so I'm not sure what happens if you try upgrading a 32bit install. If you want 32 bit 18.04 you may need to choose a different flavour e.g.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-mate/releases/18.04/release/

The very existence of this suggests to me that there should be enough in the repositories to do a 32 bit upgrade, but the problem might be that 16.04 uses Unity and 18.04 uses Gnome3. Installing another desktop in your 16.04 install might help avoid ending up with an 18.04 you can't use, but there will be more knowlegable people here who can give you the lowdown.

As for flash, there are two packages which do what you want - you should only install one of them. They get updates through the standard update mechanism. They are:

flashplugin-installer

or

adobe-flashplugin

The first is in the multiverse repository, and the documentation says it works for a wide range of browsers. It downloads flash from Adobe. The second is in the default repositories and works for Chromium and Firefox here, and maybe others. The second is easiest - if that one fails try the first.

--
Jim