Please remember this is a a bugreport, not a forum thread. All these
posts about this bug being ignored or about being disappointed are just
adding some noise to the technical information, increasing the risk of
the pertinent facts to be missed by the people wanting to figure and
eventually fix this bug.

The bug and comments describe at least two different bugs, making this
bugreport only useful to differentiate these two bugs, and the fix might
have to wait for some concern people to distinguish those two and write
separated, clearer bugreports.

Furthermore, these two bugs seem to affect different packages ... the
one crashing the whole system (unmovable mouse, lost connexion) seems to
concern the kernel, not xorg ... keeping bringing up the subject in this
bugreport will only contribute in making this bug unusable and
potentially ignored.

Sadly I will only add some more confusion with my report here.

I upgraded a core i5 Lynnfield + nvidia system from a stable 11.10 to 12.04. As
after each upgrade i played around with the default desktop environment.
I experienced numerous (4 to 5 times a day) some full system crash (no mouse
movement, connexion lost, no log at the time of the crash, not even a kernel
panic, i was beginning to thing about testing hardware parts for failures.
I tested the 3.3.6, 3.3.7 and 3.4.0 kernels with mixed results, the 3.3.6 was
the best performer here with only 1 to 2 crashes a day.
Meanwhile i finished what i wanted to test on unity and returned for good on my
trusty openbox+xcompmgr environment and since then (4 days) I did not
experience a single crash.
I am still running the the 3.3.6 kernel ... i just need time to test more
thoroughly the repositories' 3.2.

So I strongly believe this bugreport is a mix of:
* a unity/compiz bug
* a kernel bug
* possibly an xorg bug

So people here who don't want to wait for upstream to fix this
eventually need to report these bugs more clearly, and assigned them to
the correct package/team.

Cheers

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently