I see this bug is now filed under xserver-xorg-video-intel. Given that
the reports include all matter of graphics equipment, is that assignment
correct?

Anyway...given that I'm not sure, at this point, where else to report
some potential success, I thought I'd offer something here. This morning
I installed the 3.4.1 mainline kernel. Even though it's noted as
"3.4.1-quantal," it appears to run without issue on Precise. And I've
had zero freezes today, which is a pleasant relief. I'd be curious to
know if a few other folks here might experience the same benefit.

My setup:
* ThinkPad T520
* Intel HD 3000 graphics (nVidia disabled in UEFI)
* 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
* situated in a dock
* external mouse and keyboard
* using X and drivers from Xorg-Edgers
* kernel boot parameters: "noop acpi_osi=Linux pcie_aspm=force ipv6.disable=1"
* all power-saving suggestions from Powertop are enabled (via a script I wrote)
* ThinkFan enabled
* /tmp on tmpfs

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.