Two hard locks yesterday after a few days without.  (no mouse, no
keyboards, no ssh, dead, keyboard lights blinking for 15 seconds then
automatically reboot itself, if the sound was playing then it loops)

My observation so far:   They happen mostly :
- Many times after playing video/music either local MP4 or youtube or flash
streaming videos before. But not always. And not always while playing.
- While moving mouse
- Firefox is running. ( I have chrome but rarely used)
- While computer is idling. (actually it was downloading something on firefox)
- Virtualbox is running

I've tried many kernel and now I'm on 3.6.3-030603-generic
Nvidia driver version: 3.04.64

CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.4Ghz
MB: Asus P5LMX - 2 Gb ram
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, always updated

I'm starting to lose hope....

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.