On Tuesday 27 January 2009 06:09, Jonathan Wong wrote:

> Anyone happens to know the minimum size of IBM's J9? Anyone tried to run
> J9 on uCLinux?

I don't know off the top of my head, but I could find out for you. It will
depend on the type of Java profile you need to support, for example the very
restricted J2ME CLDC or the somewhat larger CDC/FP. Our own "Mika" VM needs a
bit less than 2 MB of ROM and is equivalent to CDC/FP.

On the whole I would say that what you are proposing is just about doable with
8 MB, although I'm not an expert in codecs so I don't know how much all the
necessary libraries will add up to. You'll also need a reasonable amount of
RAM, I don't see any mention of that in your hardware specs.

More about Mika at our website, www.k-embedded-java.com.
Best people for porting J9 to your system: www.apogee.com (and tell them I
sent you).

chris.g...@kiffer.be                             +32 3 216 0369

Come and see us at Embedded World 2009 in Nürnberg, 3-5.3.2009:
Hall 12, Stand 560 (DSP Valley).  http://www.embedded-world.de/