On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 02:06:41PM +0200, Tom Mayer wrote:
> I am new to uClinux and have a few questions.
>
> I plan to use the lm3s9b92 chip from luminary (already got 2 samples :))
> with uClinux. I plan to design hardware with 16mb sdram and 4mb flash.
> From my research that should be plenty of space for uClinux.

That sounds reasonable to me at least.

> This is a cortex-m3 controller. I discovered some patches so it seems
> that it would be supported.
>
> My fear is NIC/LAN driver. This chip is really perfect - including MAC
> and PHY on chip. Is there anyone who already made some steps in using
> this controller with uClinux?

No idea.

> Would be nice if  someone experienced could point out if this chip is
> usable with the uClinux project. Maybe there are circumstances that make
> the chip unusable?

Well it appears to be an ARM Cortex M3 core, and there are patches
around to make that work with linux.  No idea about that specific chip,
but have a look here:
http://www.linux-arm.com/LinuxKernel/LinuxM3

This page has some links and info for Unison Ultra Tiny Embedded Linux
for that chip:
http://www.luminarymicro.com/products/ekc-lm3s9b92.html

So well no idea what getting drivers would be like.  It is TI so
the impression I have gotten over the years with TI is that they are
practically hostile to open source.  Perhaps that is only some divisions
of the company though.

--
Len Sorensen