On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 14:06:41 +0200, Tom Mayer wrote:
> I plan to use the lm3s9b92 chip from luminary (already got 2 samples :))
> with uClinux. I plan to design hardware with 16mb sdram and 4mb flash. From
> my research that should be plenty of space for uClinux.
>
> This is a cortex-m3 controller. I discovered some patches so it seems that
> it would be supported.

do these patches add thumb-2 support to the arm assembly code
sections? if not so, you would probably have to add thumb-2 code
to support cortex-m3.

> My fear is NIC/LAN driver. This chip is really perfect - including MAC and
> PHY on chip. Is there anyone who already made some steps in using this
> controller with uClinux?

no. but according to the data sheet it looks quite straight
forward, so I doubt there are obstacles for writing it from
scratch.

> Would be nice if  someone experienced could point out if this chip is
> usable with the uClinux project. Maybe there are circumstances that make
> the chip unusable?

as of now, looks like someone would need to do the whole port.
adding driver support might be more work than the cortex-m3 stuff.
so no problem. theoretically...

  Oskar
--
oskar schirmer, emlix gmbh, http://www.emlix.com
fon +49 551 30664-0, fax -11, bahnhofsallee 1b, 37081 göttingen, germany

emlix - your embedded linux partner