On 08/03/2012 07:46 AM, Greg Ungerer wrote:

Do you know what version of gcc it uses?
Thanks a lot for answering !

fido-none-elf-gcc.exe --version
fido-none-elf-gcc.exe (Sourcery G++ 4.4-186) 4.4.1 Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Have you considered compiling your own?

Considered: Of course :-) .

But I have no idea how to do this (in fact, on top of this I need the Windows (CygWin) version) and moreover I don't know about the chances that using a newer version (I understand that the current stable gcc is somewhat like 4.6.x) could improve the situation - supposedly 68 K is not on the top of the to-do list of FSF - , or If I would need to introduce improvements myself (which I don't really dare to consider) .

-Michael