On 08/03/2012 03:34 PM, Luis Alves wrote:
Since the volatile tells exactly that you want to use registers during
the manipulation of those variables, so I'm not surprised that it
doesn't change memory contents directly.

Ooops.

AFAIK, "volatile" means something like:
"this memory location is monitored or modified by another thread or by hardware and thus any write and read needs to be done just as the c code denotes and no read or write access is allowed to be be optimized away".

But maybe I am wrong here and in fact the idiot is myself and not the compiler :-[ .

I'll check this out with my compiler version.

Thanks a lot !
-Michael