Hi Philippe,

On 10/04/2012 05:34 PM, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 04:56:35PM +1000, Greg Ungerer wrote:
Hi Philippe,

I think this needs to be done as a platform driver. It is really the
standard way to deal with platform specifics cleanly. I know this
hardware really only exists on one device, but that is no reason
not to do it. Follow the example of the other Freescale FEC driver.
It won't really change the code too much, it just makes the
platform hardware specifics more cleanly separated from the driver
proper.

A few inline comments below too.

Thanks for your comments.  I had already started the conversion
to the dma_map_single api, but I am worried that those functions
are not inlined altough IIRC they often resolve to nothing (for the
unmap case) or to a single asm("nop")  (for the map case).

I'll look at your other comments, and especially the notion of
platform driver, that I do not really know.

My biggest concern is the amount of MCD/DMA support code. And it is
all done quite differently to everything else in the kernel. We may
get a bit of push back from kernel folk who look after DMA.

Regards
Greg