Sriram Narayanan wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I'm excited to report that I just booted and ran Belenix 0.4.2 Linux
> on my Dell Latitude D610.
>
> Since I'm new to Belenix, I've not get got around to discovering
> whether it can support my Wireless LAN yet.

   You can execute:

    ifconfig -a plumb
    ifconfig -a

   You will see one default entry starting with lo0. You will get more
entries depending
   on whether your ethernet and wireless are supported. Can you post
what entries you
   are seeing ?

   For more on Network Config and Wireless see the BeleniX FAQ:

   http://www.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/Belenix_FAQ
> Next, I'm going to read the documentation and install Belenix 0.4.2 on
> to a primary partition on my laptop. I'll write in with more
> information at that time.
>
> Please write in (especially the Belenix team) about investigations
> that you'd like me to conduct on the laptop, and I'll help out as
> possible.

   There are a few things that you can try out. For eg. after creating a
non-root user
   (see Adding and Deleting Users in the BeleniX FAQ) login as that user
and execute
   startxfce or startkde.
<http://www.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/Belenix_FAQ#Adding_and_Deleting_users>
Use Kdevelop to create and build C/C++ projects.

   Check whether audio is working:

   Execute ls -l /dev/audio  - If you see a symbolic link to sound/0
then the audio
   device was recognized. Get into KDE, start SuperTux and check whether
you are
   getting the music.

   Also as Pavan mentioned getting the hardware profile will help.

Regards,
Moinak.