Toro,

but not so long ago one netter tried to impress on us that cannibalism was part of the 600-year-old culture, i.e. until it was pointed out to him that the reported culprit actually didn't belong to this culture.
How come you didn't chastise him for making such wild statements?

Kasangwawo

From: "Lisa Toro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Fw: ugnet_: Vukoni - Kony Eats People. Is it the culture of the region?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:44:50 +0100

Vukoni,

That shows how semakula and many Ugandans who think like him does not know
much about Uganda as AS A COUNTRY But knows UGANDA ONLY AS BUGANDA.

I remember being told during my school age that there were man eating
communities on Mt. Elgon!!!. You are dum right it scares one stiff. Even in
later years when i went to school there, i was very careful about my
friendships and i would not venture our of the school gates without familiar
company. But later i found it to be pure rubbish because other students were
escaping going into mountains and coming back having enjoyed themselves with
drinks, fruits etc courtesy of the locals who should have eaten them!!!

For people who know more about cultures, they will tell you that it was a
common way of keeping childern in check and caucious about what they do,
especially going to new and unfamilar places. There were stories of man
eaters even from Rwenzori, the "zimamotor" who would drain your blood if you
enter their car!. Just last week there was an article of a corpse eater in
Buganda or Busoga? Lets open our minds before we jump blowing goffio.

This is the second war M7 and NRA/M are said to be fighting DECEPTION!!! The
great NRA/M weapon on ignorant population mixed of the so call elites and
illiterates. But people who are facing for donkey years it are not stupid,
they have worked out the scrumble mess and knows exactly what message it is
carrying.

Toro