From: "J Oracha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ugnet_: Mulindwa ka beer kamusiza!
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:12:12 -0700

Mwami Kigongo

Thank you for your understanding my frustration and reason why I had
written complaining about the long words which was exemplified in Luganda.
It came about because some people posted messages written in Luganda and I
tried to read it: was a horrible experience tangling with some of those
words. The example you have given really illustrated my points putting
German in even worse structural condition that can be put on paper. Look at
this: (kopfverletzungsanweisung), obviously, if you see this word and say to
yourself, "wonderful structure" then you are different than most people. But
most of the people who answered appear to be defending the tribal pride.
So the problem is how, in the first place, did someone put such spelling
together and not see the problem? Or is it a problem of alphabet?
Otherwise, Luganda is just as good a language as any other. And, if it is
posted on to the net, some form of translation would be in order. Otherwise,
what is one to do about a part of message written in a language he/she
does not understand?

Apwoyo mada (thank you very much)

Oracha