Adam Lally wrote:
On 11/9/06, Marshall Schor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>
I like having more synchronization (as an option, not as a requirement:-)
If we have, say, the C# framework under uima-sdk, and it has an
unsynchronized release schedule - would that be a problem or not?

It might be.  If we wanted to create an SVN tag for the unsynchronized
release that could be trouble.  If we just created a tag for the whole
trunk we'd collect a bunch of things that didn't really belong in the
release.  The same thing for branches, if we wanted e.g. a bug fix
branch for just the Java version that was released while the C++ went
on with development.  So branching and tagging aren't very
straightforward in that scenario.
I'm not sure this is true. Yes, creating a branch or tag is copying the whole project, but it is a lazy copy. So, yes, it would "collect a bunch of things
that didn't belong" - but does that cause a problem?

There is even a way - if you want to create a tag with a mixture of
files at different revision levels - to do this.

Can anyone come up with a scenario where there would be trouble
with this approach?

-Marshall