John,

I need to ask. Why the requirement to do such drastic filtering? The v6 table
size is pretty small. Plus you stated, after adjusting your own configuration,
the /48 filter (the accepted common practice in v6-land) reduces cruft and
provides a pretty clean table.

Does the slightly less than 20,000 total routes (see
http://bgp.he.net/report/prefixes#_prefixes plus other sites) cause you issues?
Memory issues? Philosophical issues? Convergence issues?

I'd strongly vote against you installing /32 filters for a few reasons. 1) The
result won't be a complete (or valid, if you multi-home) routing table. 2) The
implication of even one ISP doing this has ripples back to the RIR & ISP
allocation world. 3) These kinds of filters NEVER get removed. 4) Default route
doesn't really fix things. 2000::/3 route even more-so! 5) Memory is cheap.

Or am I still missing something?

Martin

 Martin J. Levy
 Director IPv6 Strategy