On Wed Aug 16, 2017 at 06:18:29PM +0000, Charlie Boisseau wrote:
> A lot of Community Broadband folks we speak to are worried that BT
> or someone similar may choose to over-build their infrastructure with
> FTTC or FTTP.  There is a risk of that

Fair certainty that will happen. The scot. gov. are about to be
tendering for someone like BT to do this in their R100 programme.

The window for registering your project just closed, under it you could
declare post codes you will be covering and so should be excluded from
a publicly funded overbuild

Can't blame BT if the scot gov tell them to overbuild you

> but my advice is usually; if you can move quickly, sign up the customers
> and provide a good service - customers will be very sticky

Yes, a strong loyal community is essential

brandon