David,
Yes backhaul is expensive too, some expect it for nothing! ;) crazies even sell
it for just about nothing!

Pulling fibre to one cabinet costs x building to 10 homes costs x *10. Yes
there are variances and different situations but it never costs less to do FTTP
over something where there is an opportunity for aggregation. It might well be
that your location there is no point in aggregating (such as we have done in
Cornwall).

Neil.

> On 17 Aug 2017, at 13:08, David Derrick <d...@enta.net> wrote:
>
>> On 16/08/2017 22:28, Neil J. McRae wrote:
>> On 16 Aug 2017, at 21:46, David Derrick <d...@enta.net> wrote:
> >
>>> g.fast sounds like another half-arsed excuse not to do fibre
>>> properly. On our island pretty much everyone only gets a flaky