Hi,

When I was a student at the University of Southampton, I had access to the
Multicast Internet 🎉

I came across this Stackoverflow question:
https://networkengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/47994/is-multicast-on-the-public-internet-possible-and-if-yes-how

With accepted answer: "You cannot multicast on the public Internet"
Which I guess is generally true. But is there still a multicast VLAN available
at LoNAP and LINX? Is anyone using it for anything?

I also saw that Internet 2 "will begin the sunset of Interdomain Any Source
Multicast (ASM)<https://www.internet2.edu/blogs/detail/16613>" - but in
preference for Source Specific Multicast, so I guess the Multicast Internet
exists in some parts of the world.

Is there any chance of multicast making a resurgence? If everyone has gigabit
internet to their homes, will the network cores be able to cope with everyone
watching 35 Mbps UHD (Live) television streams simultaneously?

nick.