Are there any Multicast VLANs left on LONAP, LINX etc. where interested
parties could pick up streams to avoid the burden of Satellite reception?

I suppose there are a number of local / regional / special interest
channels which could be interested in cost effective distribution. Of
course DRM and Geo-Location restriction stuff matters but every IP TV
provider has to care for it themselves.

With a joint effort - what is actually the idea of an Exchange -
distribution cost likely could be lowered. Such as "here are TV channels
X, Y, Z with the adress 239.x.y.z - feel free to pick it up, on a best
effort basis".

--
Fredy Kuenzler

Init7 (Switzerland) Ltd.