The organisations that have not yet bothered to look at IPv6 are probably
not complaining about the IPv4 address space. They are quite happy as they
are.

This is, however, a big problem for smaller ISPs and startup ISPs. And
these ISPs are popular to a lot of SMEs who are fed up with the low level
of support provided by the large ISPs and like the close technical
relationships that can be built.

Absolutely, we all should be pushing IPv6, and actively encouraging and
helping our customers, but the lack of take up and interest has got us in
the situation where we do also still need to free up more IPv4 until IPv6
becomes more widely adopted.

The example of Universities with a /16 that have not implemented IPv6
because they have not needed to is just one example of the scale of the
problem.

--
Paul Bone
Network Consultant