Hi,

On 7 May 2020, at 13:14, David Reader
<da...@reader.me.uk<mailto:da...@reader.me.uk>> wrote:

On 7 May 2020, at 12:00, Tim Chown wrote:

I doubt there's a correlation between owning legacy IPv4 space and not
implementing IPv6. The organisations I've dealt with who have no interest in
IPv6 also have very little IPv4 address space and use RFC1918 extensively
internally. The problem seems to be that networking is rarely their core
function - they are in some other industry and the amount of expertise they
have for networking is spread thin, which limits their ability to embrace
change. Their engineers don't attend UKNOF, they aren't in our sphere of
influence, they barely realise IPv6 is a thing - to them it's some research
project that someone mentioned once. Until their customers demand it, they
won't react. They might as well engrave "If it aint broke, don't fix it" on
their computer room door.

Most corporate networks are like this.

Just for clarity, the above are not my words.  I don’t disagree with your
comments in general though.

Tim