Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:03:48 -0700
From: Steven Piercy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Unattended] pxe boot/install control

What are the rest of ya's using for bootup control on systems. All my ibm boxes like to just keep booting pxe and re-running the install over and over again (btw... im using tftp'd pxelinux). I'd really hate to have to revert back to our old deployment stuff (Altiris) for this functionallity. I was hoping to leave that in the dust.

Any ideas?

(I had though of either scripting mods to dhcp.conf or the the tftp root defaults file for control... but that doesn't seem feasable. Dont want dhcpd to restart everytime I run a deploy... and well.. the tftp defaults thing might work... just haven't tried. I suppose the best way would be to add a db backend to track and control deploys - but thats alot of extra work!)

also, anyone using pxe services (linux please) other than syslinux/pxelinux? or what pxe server/package? (im getting dizzy from all the pxe projects online now!)