Hi Kerravon,

> I have every version of redhat since they started, including fedora 8.  At
> the end of the day does it matter what version I chose to use

The only reservation I'd share with you is with respect to operating
system security updates.

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LifeCycle

Fedora Core 4 has been unsupported for sometime now, so if there is
any known exploits, or an exploit becomes known, there is the
potential for this appliance to be compromised in some way.

If you have your appliance preparation documented or scripted, it may
apply cleanly or with minor changes to a Centos 5 install.

> To start off with, I don't remember ever seeing in the unattended docs
> anything about using specific versions of an os.
>
> I see from the posts a lot of you use windows platforms I could say why when
> linux is more flexible but I don't.
>

> FYI I used fedora 8 originally and ran in to a few complications,so I chose
> to use the platform for the actual server I have
>
> Working at my place of work.  If you don't like my choice then sorry, that's
> your problem not mine, I am trying to give something
>
> Back to the community not any specific individual.  As all community VM's
> this  appliance will be open to contributorsd to add and remove
>
> Options, platforms,scripts whatever they want.

I don't think getting so defensive is constructive, but I'd imagine
your contribution is very much appreciated by the Unattended project.

If you get time to update the appliance to Centos 5, that'd be further
appreciated.  If not, that's fine too.

Regards,

Chris Bennett